This is the first year I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge and this post for Crustless Skillet Pizza Quiche is my “Q” day post (article). The challenge is to blog six days a week, the whole month of April, taking only Sundays off. Posts can be in any order as long as every day is a different letter, I’m opting to go in alphabetical order.
I debated making some sort of quesadilla for my “Q” day. I love making quesadillas out of just about any leftovers or even canned goods. I didn’t really have any leftovers to work with, though and I had some Italian sausage that needed to be cooked so I made this Crustless Skillet Pizza Quiche. I’ve made this recipe many times, and my kids always eat it up.
I have a few quesadilla examples using leftovers:
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas – I had leftover BBQ chicken so I shredded it up and turned it into quesadillas. They were such a big hit with my family that we ate them two days in a row for lunch.
- Leftover Chicken Quesadillas – I made these from leftover Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas.
Here’s a recap of my A to Z Challenge posts so far:
- A – Almond Joy Pie
- B – Boursin Inspired Cheese Spread
- C – Cheese Enchiladas with Chili Gravy
- D – Denim Rag Quilt Made from Old Jeans – This quilt is cool and made from my husband’s old jeans!
- E – Easy Pasta Salad
- F – Friends Chicken Quilt Wall Hanging
- G – Garden Vegetable Dip
- H – Harbin Hot Springs, Middletown CA
- I – Indonesia’s Taman Safari
- J – Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
- K – K is for Kerby Made from Modeling Clay
- L – Lakeside Heights, Lakeport CA – Sliding Since 2013
- M – The Best Minestrone Soup Recipe
- N – Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding
- O – Oatmeal Butterfinger Cookies
- P – Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
Crustless Skillet Pizza Quiche
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 onion – minced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 pinch of dried pepper flakes
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 cup+ prepared Spaghetti or Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese – grated
- Pepperoni slices (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a cast iron skillet, break up the Italian sausage, brown the sausage and onion until no longer pink. Add a pinch of dried pepper flakes, and the minced garlic, cook two minutes.
In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add in grated parmesan cheese, a dash of salt and a dash of black pepper.
Whisk to combine.
Spread the sausage evenly around the cast iron skillet.
Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausage.
Pop the skillet into the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are starting to set. I have a really old convection oven and ended up baking the sausage/egg for 15 minutes. The crust is firm, but when I shook the skillet, the center jiggled just a bit.
Remove skillet from oven and spread about a cup of spaghetti or pizza sauce over the eggs.
Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. I used turkey pepperoni because it’s what I had.
Pop the skillet back in the hot oven for 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Let the cheese rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.