Here’s an easy oven-baked chicken fajitas recipe. This recipe makes a lot of food and if you double the recipe, it makes perfect fajitas for a small crowd. I combine my own taco seasoning recipe with sliced bell peppers, jalapenos chilies, onions, tomatoes, and sliced chicken breast, toss in a little olive oil, and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or so. These oven fajitas are an amazing one-dish meal. The recipe does take some prep though, but it goes by quickly.
If you are feeding a small family, you may want to consider reducing the recipe by half. I’ve never tried making this with beef, but I’m sure it would work out just fine.
Here’s another great recipe for Steak Fajitas cooked on the Blackstone grill.
How to Make Baked Chicken Fajitas
The first step is to slice up the vegetables. You don’t want them too thin or they’ll burn in the oven, put you don’t want them too thick either.
This recipe calls for the following vegetables:
- Red bell peppers – seeded
- Green bell peppers – seeded
- White onion
- Jalapenos -seeded
- Poblano – seeded
- Roma Tomatoes
If you have garden tomatoes, use them. If you don’t have poblano peppers, don’t worry about it, use another bell pepper instead. The recipe is very forgiving as long as you keep the volume of the vegetables about the same, if you use fewer vegetables, then you should also use less of the chicken fajitas seasoning.
Slice the Chicken Breast
Slice the chicken breast into thin bite-sized pieces and place them on top of the vegetables. Next, you will assemble the spice mix in a small bowl. The chipotle powder gives the fajitas a nice smoky flavor.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Make Fajitas Seasoning
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne powder
- Chipotle powder
Assembling Oven Baked Fajitas
Now it’s time to sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken and vegetable mix.
Use tongs to mix the spice into the vegetables and chicken.
Baking Chicken Fajitas
Drizzle with olive oil and bake according to directions. You will toss the fajitas halfway through the cooking time.
Served with warmed-up tortillas. I prefer flour tortillas, but some people really like corn. You could also serve this with guacamole, salsa, tomatillo avocado salsa, sour cream, taco cheese, and or slices of lime. These fajitas are also great served with authentic refried beans or spicy refried black beans.
Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Red bell peppers - seeded
- 2 Green bell peppers - seeded
- 1 Poblano pepper - seeded
- 4 Jalapenos peppers - seeded
- 3 or 4 Large white onions
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 pounds chicken breast
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- Tortillas - Flour or corn
- Taco cheese optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Salsa optional
- Guacamole optional
- Baked Chicken Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two big baking dishes with non-stick spray.
- Slice all the seeded bell peppers into about half inch slices. Divide slices evenly between to big Pyrex baking dishes. Repeat with the poblano and jalapenos peppers.
- Peel and slice onions into 1/2" thick slices, divide evenly between the two baking dishes.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2" thick slices and divide evenly between the two baking dishes.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and divide evenly between backing dishes.
- Assemble the fajita spice mix in a bowl and stir to combine. Divide oven fajitas seasoning evenly between the two dishes. Toss chicken, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and spices with tongs to blend in. Drizzle each pan with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake chicken fajitas @ 425 for 15 minutes. Toss fajitas and drizzle each pan with another two tables spoons of olive oil. Bake another 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
More Great Recipes
- Better Than Takeout Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
- How to Cook Delicious Southern Turnip Greens
- Cajun Red Beans and Rice Pilaf Made in Rice Cooker
Thursday 11th of May 2023
At the beginning, I was still puzzled. Since I read your article, I have been very impressed. It has provided a lot of innovative ideas for my thesis related to gate.io. Thank u. But I still have some doubts, can you help me? Thanks.
como fazer staking na gate.io
Wednesday 22nd of March 2023
Reading your article has greatly helped me, and I agree with you. But I still have some questions. Can you help me? I will pay attention to your answer. thank you.
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
I read your article carefully, it helped me a lot, I hope to see more related articles in the future. thanks for sharing.
Wednesday 8th of February 2023
Your article helped me a lot, thanks for the information. I also like your blog theme, can you tell me how you did it?