Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
This is an easy to make baked chicken fajitas recipe. This recipe is better most fajitas I've had in Mexican restaurants. The recipe makes a lot of food! If you are feeding a small family, you may want to half it. If you half the recipe, remember to half the spices too! For a less spicy version, leave out the jalapeno peppers, and cayenne powder.
- 2 Red bell peppers - seeded
- 2 Green bell peppers - seeded
- 1 Poblano pepper - seeded
- 4 Jalapenos peppers - seeded
- 3 or 4 Large white onions
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 pounds chicken breast
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- Tortillas - Flour or corn
- Taco cheese optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Salsa optional
- Guacamole optional
- Baked Chicken Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons paprika
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two big baking dishes with non-stick spray.
Slice all the seeded bell peppers into about half inch slices. Divide slices evenly between to big Pyrex baking dishes. Repeat with the poblano and jalapenos peppers.
Peel and slice onions into 1/2" thick slices, divide evenly between the two baking dishes.
Slice the tomatoes into 1/2" thick slices and divide evenly between the two baking dishes.
Thinly slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and divide evenly between backing dishes.
Assemble the fajita spice mix in a bowl and stir to combine. Divide oven fajitas seasoning evenly between the two dishes. Toss chicken, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and spices with tongs to blend in. Drizzle each pan with two tablespoons of olive oil.
Bake chicken fajitas @ 425 for 15 minutes. Toss fajitas and drizzle each pan with another two tables spoons of olive oil. Bake another 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.