This low-carb cast iron pizza with sausage crust is like eating your favorite pizza minus the crust and with more delicious toppings. Likewise, this keto pizza recipe with meat crust is the cure to your pizza cravings!
Disclosure: This pizza does require a fork, but the flavor will make up for that fact.
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Bake this crustless pizza in a well seasoned cast-iron skillet. In the past, I have doubled the recipe and baked the keto pizza in a cake pan, and it still turned out great.
The picture below shows Easy Low Carb Pizza with Sausage Crust scaled 1.5x and baked in a cake pan.
Whatever you end up baking this pizza with sausage crust, make sure it’s oven save to 425.
The sausage pizza crust gets a delicious crispy burn to it in the cast iron skillet, so if you have a cast-iron skillet, use it.
Low Carb Pizza With Sausage Crust Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this sausage crust pizza. Feel free to customize the pizza to your liking. In the past, I’ve made low-carb linguica and bacon pizza by adding browned linguica pieces and cooked chopped bacon.
I made the pizza in these pictures on a work night (I have a two-hour round trip daily commute), so I kept it simple.
- Ground sausage
- Low carb pizza sauce – this one is only 3 carbs!
- Mozzarella cheese – grated
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Canned Olives – sliced
Optional Pizza Meats – All Meats MUST be Pre Cooked
We don’t have time for food poisoning, so precook all meats.
- Pepperoni slices
- Salami slices
- Ham – chopped
- Bacon – chopped and cooked
- Canadian bacon
- Leftover BBQ’d chicken
- Cooked shrimp
More Optional Low Carb Pizza Toppings
- Green onions
- Bell pepper – chopped
- Fresh garlic
- Jalapeno rings
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Caramelized onions
- Chopped cooked zucchini
How to Make Low Carb Pizza with Sausage Crust
Preheat oven to 425.
This recipe calls for two pounds of bulk sausage.
In a large cast-iron skillet. Brown two pounds of sausage.
If the browned sausage has a lot of fat, drain it.
I put the skillet on a folded-up potholder to pool the sausage fat on one side of the skillet.
See how the fat pools in the low spot of the skillet?
Take a paper towel and absorb all the fat.
Smooth the browned sausage into a flat layer that covers the bottom of the skillet.
Add a generous layer of pizza sauce.
Add a thick layer of mozzarella cheese. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of this.
Then top with sliced mushrooms.
Add the rest of the red onions and sliced olives. Top pizza with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese – this cheese is what locks everything in place.
Bake pizza in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes. The cheese will be nice and browned.
Let the pizza cool for 10 minutes before slicing. This gives the sausage crust pizza a chance for the cheese to harden a bit and for the pizza to stay together when you serve it.
This low-carb cast iron pizza with sausage crust is like eating your favorite pizza minus the crust and with WAY more toppings.Click To Tweet
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 1 jar low carb pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion - Chopped
- 1 16 oz can olives - Sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms - sliced
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- Brown sausage in a large cast-iron skillet.
- While sausage browns, prepare toppings. Slice mushrooms, chop onions, and slice olives.
- Remove rendered fat from the sausage.
- In the cast-iron skillet, spread the sausage out in an even layer.
- Top with a generous layer of low-carb pizza sauce.
- Add 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add the rest of the toppings.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the pizza cheese is browned.
- Remove pizza from the oven and let sit on the countertop for 10 minutes before serving.
If you are doubling this recipe, it can be baked in a cake pan but the sausage crust won't get as browned. It will still be delicious.
Check Out These Delicious Low Carb Pizza Recipes
- Easy Keto Canned Chicken Pizza Crust – Two cans of drained chicken, egg, and parmesan cheese turn into an excellent keto chicken pizza crust that you can pick up and eat like regular pizza!
- Easy Skillet Pizza Quiche – Sausage, pepperoni, onion, garlic, a bunch of eggs, pizza sauce, and some mozzarella cheese baked in the oven is an amazing KETO pizza delight and a great way to use up eggs.
- Easy 10 Minute Keto Tortilla Pizza – Mission Carb Balance tortillas turn into 10-minute pizzas you’ll make over and over.
Here are More Great Low Carb Recipes
- Easy Corned Beef Hash – Keto Recipe
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Garlic
- The Best Korean Beef Bowl – Low Carb Recipe
- Easy Low Carb Big Mac Salad
**** This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this website!