This low carb corned beef hash recipe substitutes partially cooked chopped cauliflower for the potatoes. The results are fantastic!
I have another low-carb corned beef hash alternative – Keto Corn Beef Hash with Cabbage, replacing potatoes typically found in the corned beef hash with chopped cabbage. If you prefer cabbage to cauliflower, be sure to check out this recipe.
Both recipes are fantastic, with a fried egg or two on top and a side of perfect oven-baked bacon or my favorite linguica sausage.
If I had to choose a favorite between the two low-carb breakfast beef hash recipes, the winner would probably be this low-carb corned beef recipe with cauliflower. The browned cauliflower takes on a fantastic flavor. Both recipes are winners, but the cauliflower hash is slightly better, in my opinion.
Is Canned Corned Beef Hash Keto Friendly?
Canned corned beef HASH contains potatoes. If you follow a low-carb lifestyle, you’ll want to look for Canned Corned Beef, which does NOT include potatoes.
If you aren’t following a low-carb lifestyle, you are probably better off buying Canned Corned Beef and cooking fresh potatoes. You’ll get more bang for your buck, and the outcome will be SOOOO much better!
There are ZERO carbs in canned corned beef. If you watch your sodium intake, you should know that canned foods may be high in sodium. So if you are watching your salt intake, be sure to check the nutrition label. Corned beef is almost always salty, thanks to the brine it’s soaked in.
Equipment needed for Low Carb Corned Beef recipe
- Cast iron skillet or large nonstick skillet. I used my Ninja Foodi Skillet (I love this skillet! If you love the idea of having a cast iron skillet but aren’t sure, this nonstick skillet is an excellent heavy-duty nonstick alternative and makes a great gift.)
- Cutting board
- Chefs knife
- Plastic wrap (optional)
Here’s what you’ll need to make this low carb corned beef hash
- Canned corned beef
- A whole head of cauliflower
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
How to make low carb corned beef hash with cauliflower
Open cans of corned beef and cut the bricks into large chunks.
Add chopped canned corned beef to the skillet. I don’t use oil because canned corned beef has enough fat.
Brown the corned beef over medium-high heat. Flip the meat every three minutes or so, do NOT stir/flip too often. This will give the meat a chance to brown.
Partially Cook Cauliflower for Low Carb Corned Beef Hash
While the meat browns, partially cook the cauliflower. I like to remove the leaves, flip the cauliflower upside down under running water, double wrap in plastic wrap, and microwave for six minutes or so.
The goal is for the cauliflower to be partially cooked.
If I were microwaving a whole cauliflower for a dinner side dish, I would microwave it for eight minutes.
When the cauliflower is safe to handle, carefully open the plastic wrap. Then, flip the hot cauliflower onto several paper towels to drain.
Staying Hydrated is a New Priority For Me
That’s my purple 26 oz RTIC water bottle (with the sport cap) next to the cauliflower draining on paper towels in the picture below. I’ve had this water bottle for about two months.
This thermos is double insulated, and ice lasts all day! RTIC is a high-quality brand that’s less expensive than YETI, which appeals to my cheap little heart.
The water bottle has more than paid for itself. I no longer am buying bottled iced tea or bottled water, and I’ve cut down my drinking of carbonated mineral water to just one can a day!
I have another RTIC gallon jug filled with ice water which I take to work and challenge myself to drink the 26 oz purple thermos plus the gallon every day. I use the gallon jug to refill my purple water bottle throughout my workday. I add some MI0 water flavor drops with each refill.
The Acai Energy variety is my daytime favorite because the caffeine puts some pep in my step, plus they are ZERO calories and ZERO carbs! In addition, this water enhancer has helped me to up my water intake.
After I get home from work, I switch over to the Fruit Punch flavor, which tastes fantastic and is caffeine-free!
Since YOU control how much of the water enhancer goes into your water bottle, the enhancer is never too sweet! MI0 water enhancers are life-changing. I can’t believe it took me so long to try them.
If you struggle to drink your daily recommended ounces of water, I highly recommend MI0 water enhancers. Another plus is that I no longer have to deal with plastic bottles and cans to recycle.
You can buy MI0 water enhancers at Walmart for about $2.99 each bottle. I haven’t been to Walmart for months and purchased MI0 water enhancer from Amazon for the same price delivered to my door.
Roughly chop drained cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
Chop onion and seeded jalapeno (if using).
Like the image below, when meat is nice and crispy, add in chopped onions and jalapeno.
Continue cooking, flipping every two or three minutes for about five minutes or until onion is translucent.
Add in chopped partially cooked cauliflower—season cauliflower with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Cook a few minutes to brown the cauliflower a little. Again cook over medium-high for three minutes or so and then flip.
When cauliflower is to your liking, add in chopped green onions (if using). Give everything a good stir to combine.
Serve this low carb corned beef has topped with a fried egg.
Low Carb Corned Beef Hash with Bacon SlicesKeto corned beef hash so delicious you won't miss the potatoes!Click To Tweet
Low Carb Corned Beef Hash Recipe
Low Carb Corned Beef Hash Recipe
Delicious low carb corned beef hash is so good you won't miss the potatoes!
- 2 cans corned beef
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 onion - diced
- 1 jalapeno - minced (optional)
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Open cans of corned beef and cut the beef into medium-sized chunks.
- In a cast-iron skillet or large non-stick skillet cook corned beef over medium-high. Flip corned beef every three minutes or so. You want the corned beef to get crispy and browned.
- While corned beef browns, partially cook the cauliflower. Remove outer leaves, flip cauliflower upside down under running water turn over and let the excess water drip out.
- Wrap cauliflower in plastic wrap, turn and wrap again so the entire cauliflower is enclosed in the wrap. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Cauliflower will be HOT! Remove from microwave.
- When cauliflower is safe to handle, open the plastic wrap and drain cauliflower on paper towels, stem side down.
- When corned beef is getting crispy and browned, add chopped onion and jalapeno. Continue cooking flipping every 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Chop drained cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Add to skillet with corned beef.
- Continue cooking over medium-high until cauliflower is slightly browned or about five to 10 minutes.
- Taste of seasoning.
- Serve with a fried egg on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 28mgSodium 387mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g
Nutrtitional data is for entertainment purposes only and may be inacurate.
More Great Keto Recipes
- Keto Sausage Crust Pizza Recipe – Sausage, pizza sauce, pizza toppings, and cheese, and you’ll have the best low-carb pizza that will satisfy all your pizza cravings.
- Easy Keto Tortilla Pizza – 10-minute keto recipe
- Keto Shredded Cabbage Salad Recipe – Eat this salad every day!. It’s the perfect filler no matter what diet you are following.
- Keto Cauliflower Green Chile Casserole – If you love the flavors of green chilies, you’ll love this low-carb cauliflower casserole.
Here’s an interesting read on the history of corned beef.
**** This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this site!
How to get a crust on canned corned beef hash (or keto corned beef hash).
Let the hash cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Do not stir or flip the hash before 3-4 minutes. This will give the corned beef time to brown.
^Inregistrare pe Binance
Wednesday 10th of May 2023
I don't think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article. https://www.binance.com/ro/register?ref=OMM3XK51
Sunday 7th of May 2023
Your article helped me a lot, is there any more related content? Thanks! https://www.binance.com/ka-GE/register?ref=B4EPR6J0
Inscreva-se para obter 100 USDT
Thursday 20th of April 2023
I don't think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article.
Monday 6th of March 2023
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. So, do you allow me to do this? I want to share your article link to my website: gate.io