This Quick Keto Thai Wonton Soup tastes like the broth took all day to make, but the soup is ready to eat in about 15 minutes! It’s the perfect quick dinner for busy nights.
The recipe is a naked wonton soup with all the exquisite tastes of traditional wonton soup but without carbs and wonton wrappers.15 Minute Naked Thai Wonton Soup Recipe - All the deliciousness of wonton soup with none of the guilt!Click To Tweet
This Thai Wonton Soup recipe is NOT authentic, but I promise it tastes amazing! The soup will satisfy your craving for delicious Thai Wonton Soup. Another plus is that the soup is inexpensive and tastes better than some restaurants.
Keto Thai Wonton Soup Is For Everyone
No matter what diet you follow, this quick, easy soup recipe is sure to please! It’s low in carbs and calories. It’s especially low in calories if you only eat the broth and vegetables, skipping the wonton sausage balls.
The soup warms up wonderfully the following day as the flavors get deeper.
Equipment needed to make this Quick Keto Thai Wonton Soup
Thai Wonton Soup Ingredients
Wonton Soup Broth
- Better than Bullion Base – Chicken stock – I SWEAR by this stuff and use Better than Bullion in all dishes that call for chicken stock.
All flavors (beef, pork, vegetable, garlic, chili, lobster, fish, ham, mushroom, turkey, sauteed onion, etc.) are concentrated flavors.
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seed oil
Wonton Soup Meatballs
- Sausage (I always use Jimmy Dean, this may sound strange but trust me)
- Green onion (I’m cheap and buy dehydrated green onion, so I never worry about wasting fresh green onions)
- Dried parsley (use fresh if you have it, I always used dried)
- Soy sauce
- Ginger powder
- Black pepper
- Minced garlic
Wonton Soup Add-Ins
- Fresh mushrooms (I use canned or fresh mushrooms, depending on what I have on hand)
- Cabbage or bok choy (bok choy will taste more authentic, but cabbage tastes good)
- Garlic powder
- Onion (Optional – I use it when I have leftovers available)
- Green onions
How to Make Quick Thai Wonton Soup
In a large soup pot, combine all the wonton soup broth ingredients. Bring to a boil.
While broth is coming to a boil, put all meatball ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
With a clean hand, combine all the sausage wonton soup meatball ingredients.
When Thai Wonton Soup broth is up to a boil, drop teaspoonfuls of the sausage mixture into the boiling broth.
I use two spoons—one to scoop the mixture and another spoon to push the mixture off the first spoon.
It is going to seem like A LOT of meatballs. Just keep repeating the process until all meatballs are in the broth. Do NOT stir for 3-4 minutes, or the wonton meatballs may fall apart.
Cook the meatballs in the boiling broth for six or seven minutes. If you made your meatballs on the larger side, you might need to add additional cooking time.
While the meatballs cook, prepare the add-ins. I thinly sliced some leftover red onion and sliced 1/4 a head of cabbage.
I used canned mushrooms. I usually use freshly sliced mushrooms, but I’m a HUGE fan of using what I have and not making extra trips to the grocery store, so drained canned mushrooms are what I used.
Add in the veggies after meatballs have boiled in the Thai Wonton Soup broth for at least six minutes.
Continue to boil and cook vegetables until they are tender-crisp 2-4 minutes.
Taste broth for seasoning. I usually have to add a little more soy sauce.
Quick Keto Thai Wonton Soup Recipe
**** This post for Quick Keto Thai Wonton Soup contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase using one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this website!
More Great Asian Inspired Recipes
- Low Carb Korean Beef Bowls with Vegetables – One of my favorite dinners and leftovers are one of my favorite work lunches.
- The Best Chinese Fried Rice Recipe – Made in the rice cooker and better than most takeout!
- Easy Thai Chicken Asparagus Recipe – I had this at a Thai restaurant. I loved it so much, I came home and immediately made this copycat recipe. It’s good!
- Spicy Asian Chopped Salad – This simple chopped salad is hard to resist. Peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, and garlic are a delicious combination.