If you love big McDonalds Big Macs but are trying to stick to a low-carb lifestyle, this Keto Big Mac Salad recipe is going to become a new favorite soon. This low-carb salad has all the flavors of a Big Mac without the carbs. This meal is perfect even if you aren’t low carb!
This meal is a nice quick lunch or an easy work night dinner. You can have this on the table in about 30 minutes.
This recipe may seem a little strange but trust me; you need to try it; I think you will love it.
I’ve been making this recipe for my husband for a few years. He’s always been a massive fan of Thousand Island Dressing. I’m personally not a fan of mayonnaise, but my husband LOVES the stuff.
I have to admit the hamburger component of this big mac recipe smells divine while cooking. My husband loves this salad so much he asks me to make it at least once a month and sometimes twice a week.
What You’ll Need to Make this Big Mac Salad in a Bowl or Plate
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Small mixing bowl
Keto Big Mac Salad Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tasty Keto Big Mac Salad recipe. It’s broken down into three parts: the cheeseburger, salad, and dressing.
Ingredients for Beef in Keto Cheeseburger Salad
- Ground beef
- Salt & black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Ingredients for Salad
- Iceberg lettuce head
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dill pickles
- Red or sweet onion
Ingredients for Keto Big Mac Salad Dressing
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Minced dill pickle
- Yellow mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Onion powder
How to Make a Low-Carb Big Mac Salad
The first step is to make the salad dressing. You want to do this first so that the flavors blend.
How to Make Keto Big Mac Salad Dressing
Combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a large measuring cup or small bowl.
Wisk until the ingredients are smooth. You don’t want lumping dressing.
The dressing should look something like this. Set the sauce aside and let flavors blend.
Cook Ground Beef for Cheeseburger Salad
In a skillet, brown ground beef on medium-high temp. Cook until you get little brown bits.
Add the seasonings.
Stir seasonings into ground beef, turn the heat down to medium, and continue cooking.
While ground beef cooks, chop the salad toppers – pickles and red or sweet onion.
Chop up the lettuce.
Assembling Keto Big Mac Salad
On a plate or in a bowl, layer ingredients as follows:
- Lettuce (Cabbage is also good)
- Seasoned Beef
- Shredded Cheese (I used taco cheese because it’s what I had)
- Big Mac Dressing
- Diced Dill Pickles
- Diced Onion
Your salad will look something like below. Of course, you may customize the salad, so it’s perfect for your tastes. As you can see below, my husband likes extra meat and Big Mac dressing.
Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe
Keto Big Mac Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp ketchup sugar free
- 1 ea dill pickle minced
- 1 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tea paprika powder
- 1 tea onion powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tea salt
- 1 tea black pepper
- 1 tea onion powder
- 1 tea garlic powder
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet or red onion diced
- Combine all Keto Big Mac Salad Dressing ingredients. Wisk to combine until smooth. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef. When beef is browned, add spice ingredients. Turn heat down to medium and continue cooking. Stir often.
- Prepare other salad ingredients. Chop pickles and onions. Cut Iceberg lettuce Into bite-sized pieces. Shred cheese (or use pre-shredded).
- Assemble Keto Big Mac Salads by layering on a plate or bowl: Lettuce, seasoned ground beef, cheese, Big Mac dressing, pickles, and onions.
History of the Big Mac
Big Mac burgers were first created in Pittsburgh in the late 1960s. The burgers didn’t start with the Big Mac name.
The original name for the burger was “The Aristocrat,” but people had a hard time pronouncing the name. It was quickly changed to the “Blue Ribbon Burger,” but the burger didn’t catch on until the name was changed to the iconic Big Mac.
The original burger was full of preservatives which were recently removed in 2018. You can read more about the history of the Big Mac here.
This Man is Made of Big Macs and Proud of It – He’s Dedicated!
More Great Keto Recipes
- Easy 5 Ingredient Cauliflower Casserole With Cheese
- Best Blackstone Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Keto Sausage Gumbo Recipe
- Cheesy Broccoli Recipe with Garlic