This is a delicious recipe for cheesy broccoli with garlic made in a skillet. It’s an easy to make side-dish that I’ve been making once a month for about 20 years. One of the best things about this recipe besides the fantastic taste and how quick and easy it is to make is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. This recipe calls for frozen broccoli, but you could use fresh if you prefer.
*** All photos are of a DOUBLE batch of this recipe. *** I make this recipe so often that not all the pictures are from the same batch. One batch is made with chopped frozen broccoli and the other batch is from the picture above using longer frozen broccoli spears. I did this on purpose to show how different the recipe looks depending on what type of frozen broccoli you choose.
How to Make Cheesy Broccoli With Garlic
Cook frozen broccoli according to the package directions.
While broccoli cooks prepare the sauce. Melt butter in the microwave. Let the butter cool down, then add parmesan cheese, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, and 2-3 cloves of minced garlic to the butter.
When broccoli is done cooking drain the water from the pot. Add the butter mixture to the drained broccoli. Set the burner to medium and cook the garlic/broccoli mixture a few minutes. Mix well to combine.
Turn off the heat and top broccoli with cheddar cheese (I use medium or sharp). Put a lid on the pan and the cheese will melt.
Cheesy Broccoli – Yum!
Skillet Cheesy Broccoli with Garlic
- 1 pound bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves - peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- While broccoli cooks, melt butter in the microwave, let cool a few minutes and then add parmesan cheese, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a dash of black pepper, and minced garlic cloves.
- When broccoli is done cooking drain the water off. Return broccoli to the skillet.
- On medium heat, add the butter mixture to the broccoli, stir and cook 3-4 minutes to cook the garlic.
- Turn off the heat, top broccoli with shredded cheddar cheese and put a lid on the pan for about five minutes or until cheese melts.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.