This roasted cauliflower with garlic and parmesan cheese is so easy to make, it takes about 10 minutes to get the cauliflower ready to go in the oven, and then it roasts whole for one hour and thirty minutes. This roasted cauliflower recipe is so hands off, I just love it. The cauliflower comes out of the oven firm enough to cut and hold its shape, but very moist and soft to eat. The cauliflower still has lots flavor, unlike boiled cauliflower. My mind is spinning with possibilities for more roasted cauliflower recipes.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
In a small bowl combine melted butter, minced garlic, a pinch of crushed red pepper, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and salt.
Prepare the head of cauliflower. Remove all the leaves and make carefully a whole in the core.
Line a cookie sheet (with sides) with foil makes for easy cleanup and then cut another piece of foil big enough to wrap the cauliflower head.
Coat the cauliflower with the garlic sauce. I dipped the top of the cauliflower head in the bowl, laid the cauliflower on the foil, and then really coated the cauliflower good with the garlic butter sauce.
Wrap the cauliflower head tightly in foil. Roast cauliflower @ 350 for one hour 30 minutes, maybe a little less if your cauliflower head is small. I was working with a large cauliflower.
This is what the cauliflower will look like when done.
Here’s what roasted cauliflower looks like sliced.
With a spatula, carefully transfer the cauliflower head to a plate.
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut another piece of foil large enough to tightly wrap the entire head of cauliflower.
- Carefully cut a little hole in the core of the cauliflower (on the bottom).
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish. Mix in minced garlic, parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, and dashes of salt and pepper.
- Dip head of cauliflower in butter bowl and transfer cauliflower to foil. Coat the entire head of cauliflower with butter mixture. Use all the butter.
- Tightly wrap cauliflower in foil.
- Bake @ 350 for 1 hour 30 minutes.