This homemade hummus recipe is so easy to make and tastes so much better than the store bought stuff. This is a spicy hummus recipe with garlic, a seeded jalapeno, tamed nacho rings, tahini sauce, lemon juice, and spices all whipped up in the food processor with two cans of drained garbanzo beans. Add a little water until you get the desired consistency. You can make this as spicy or as mild as you want. You can eat it right away, or you can let the flavors blend in the refrigerator overnight. This recipe is fantastic and only takes about five minutes to make!
What to Eat With Hummus?
You can eat just about anything with hummus. Here are some of my favorite ways to eat hummus:
- Dip tortilla chips in hummus
- Dip wheat thins in hummus
- Dip celery sticks in hummus
- Dip carrot sticks in hummus
- Dip mushrooms in hummus
- Dip seeded slices of bell pepper in hummus
- Dip cucumber slices in hummus
- Spread hummus in wraps
- Spread hummus on sandwiches
- Spread hummus on toasted bread
- Spread hummus on toasted English muffins
- Spread hummus on pita bread
- Spread hummus on halves of a hard-boiled egg
- Eat hummus on hot cooked pasta
- Toss some hot cooked broccoli with garlic hummus
- Mix smashed avocado with hummus for an avocado hummus
- Thin hummus out with some vinegar and use as a salad dressing
- Substitute hummus for mayo in recipes
How to Make Homemade Hummus Recipe
In a food processor combine roughly chopped seeded jalapeno and garlic cloves.
Add in two cans of drained garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, tamed nacho rings, juice from nacho rings, black pepper, cayenne powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Add in water until you get the desired consistency. I used about half a cup of water.
My favorite way to eat hummus is with tortilla chips.
I made this recipe with five cloves of garlic, six tamed nacho rings, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder, adjust the recipe to your own tastes.
Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe
- 2 cans drained garbanzo beans
- 2-5 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil optional
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4-6 slices tamed nacho rings
- 2 teaspoons juice from tamed nacho rings
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of salt
- Combine garlic cloves and roughly chopped seeded jalapeno in a food processor. Scrape sides and pulse again.
- Add drained garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, nacho rings, juice from nacho rings, black pepper, cayenne powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and a dash of salt. Pulse.
- Add in water until you get desired consistency.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.