This hot taco dip with meat is a family favorite.Ground beef, canned refried beans, salsa, hot sauce, cheese, sour cream, and spices make this recipe a real winner!
Ground beef, canned refried beans, salsa, hot sauce, cheese, sour cream, and spices all mixed up into a hot Mexican dip that reminds me of a delicious loaded burrito.
My kids lovingly call this dip, “Tijuana Poop”. Don’t let the nick name scare you off, though. The dip may be nothing special to look at but it’s amazing to eat! Most of the time when I make this dip, I’ll double it so we have some leftovers.
Hot Taco Dip with Meat Recipe
This recipe calls for one pound of ground beef. I used my LEM grinder to grind up a tri-tip I found on sale at my local grocery store.
Cook the ground beef until done, and then add in the spices -OR- you could add in a pack of taco seasoning, but I prefer to add the spices. Stir in the spices and cook it a few minutes until it becomes fragrant. At this point, you have regular taco meat.
Next, stir in the remaining ingredients; refried beans, sour cream, taco cheese, salsa (I used my food processor salsa recipe, I like the way the fresh cilantro looks in the recipe, but you could also use Pace salsa or some other salsa), and hot sauce. For this recipe, I used Tapatio hot sauce, but in the past, I’ve used a few packages of Taco Bell sauce.
Cook a few minutes until all the ingredients are combined, and the cheese has melted.
Taste for seasoning. Serve with tortilla chips and tamed nacho rings.
Hot Taco Dip with Meat
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 package taco seasoning -OR the following 8 spices-
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash of cayenne powder
- dash of chipotle powder
- 3-4 tablespoons salsa
- 2-4 tablespoons taco sauce I used Tapatio
- 1 cup taco cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can refried beans
- Cook ground beef in skillet with sides over medium-high heat.
- When meat is done, add in one pack of taco season -OR- chili powder, salt, paprika, onion, garlic, cumin, cayenne, chipotle powders.
- Cook meat mixture a few minutes until spices become fragrant.
- Turn heat down to medium, and stir in the remaining ingredients; salsa, taco sauce, taco cheese, sour cream and refried beans. Cook until everything is well combined and cheese has melted.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with tortilla chips and tamed nacho rings.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.