This is a delicious recipe for cheesy broccoli with garlic made in a skillet.
This skillet keto broccoli and cheese with garlic recipe is one that you will make over and over again.
It’s an easy-to-make broccoli and cheese side dish that I’ve been making once a month for about 20 years.
One of the best things about this broccoli and cheese recipe besides the fantastic taste and how quick and easy it is to make is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand.
This recipe calls for frozen broccoli, but you could use fresh if you prefer.
*** All photos are of a DOUBLE batch of this recipe. ***
I make this recipe so often that not all the pictures are from the same batch.
One batch is made with chopped frozen broccoli and the other batch is from the picture above using longer frozen broccoli spears.
I did this on purpose to show how different the recipe looks depending on what type of frozen broccoli you choose.
More Great Recipes
What to Serve With This Quick Broccoli and Cheese Recipe
- Quick Cast Iron Oven Broiled Steak. This is HANDS DOWN the best way to cook steak. Preheat oven to broil. Place a cast iron skillet in preheated oven 5-6″ under heating element. Lightly oil (I used avocado oil) both sides of a room temp steak. Generiously season both sides with salt and black pepper. Depending on thickness of steak and your prefered level of doneness, broil 3 minutes per side. Let cooked steak sit for 10 minutes.
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Easy Baby Back Ribs in Oven
- Baked Chicken
- Pan Fried Pork Chops
Equipment For Making Broccoli and Cheese With Garlic
- Skillet with lid
- Bowl for mixing the buttery garlic mixture
Ingredients for Skillet Broccoli and Cheese with Garlic
- Frozen or fresh broccoli
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves – peeled and minced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Broccoli With Garlic
Cook frozen broccoli according to the package directions. Drain broccoli.
While broccoli cooks prepare the sauce.
Melt butter in the microwave.
Let the butter cool down, then add parmesan cheese, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, and 2-3 cloves of minced garlic to the butter.
When broccoli is done cooking drain the water from the pot.
In a skillet, add the butter mixture to the drained broccoli.
Set the burner to medium and cook the garlic/broccoli mixture for a few minutes. Mix well to combine.
Turn off the heat and top broccoli with medium or sharp grated cheddar cheese. Put a lid on the pan to help the cheese melt.
Cheesy Broccoli – Yum!
Skillet Cheesy Broccoli with Garlic
- 1 pound bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves – peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- While broccoli cooks, melt butter in the microwave, let cool a few minutes and then add parmesan cheese, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a dash of black pepper, and minced garlic cloves.
- When broccoli is done cooking drain the water off. Return broccoli to the skillet.
- On medium heat, add the butter mixture to the broccoli, stir and cook 3-4 minutes to cook the garlic.
- Turn off the heat, top broccoli with shredded cheddar cheese and put a lid on the pan for about five minutes or until cheese melts.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Monday 22nd of May 2023
I am a student of BAK College. The recent paper competition gave me a lot of headaches, and I checked a lot of information. Finally, after reading your article, it suddenly dawned on me that I can still have such an idea. grateful. But I still have some questions, hope you can help me.