This dry rub baked chicken wings recipe is so easy to make! If you love baked wings, then keep reading. These dry rub chicken wings come out of the oven nice and crispy.
Table of Contents
How to Make Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
The dry seasoning for wings is so simple and tasty. With this recipe, there isn’t any measuring or mixing. You shake the seasoning on the wings, and that’s it!
Want More Chicken Wing Recipes?
How to Fry Chicken Wings Without Flour?
Apply seasonings directly to wings. Or you could put the seasonings in a gallon ziplock bag. Add wings and toss to coat the wings.
If oven baking chicken wings, add a little baking powder to the seasoning mix. Baking powder doesn’t have a taste and will help crisp the wings.
What Goes With Chicken Wings?
What to make with chicken wings for dinner? Are you wondering what sides go with chicken wings?
- Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers With Bacon – These poppers are easy to make, they bake in the oven and have a thick slice of bacon per popper. You can’t go wrong making these poppers!
- Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms With Sausage and Cream Cheese – If you love stuffed mushrooms, then you should give these sausage stuffed mushrooms a try. The recipe calls for four ingredients! This recipe is easy for any one to make!
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl [Crack Slaw Recipe] – This recipe is all the goodness of an eggroll but without the carbs! The recipe call for just eight ingredients. It’s the perfect side dish, main dish, and work lunch! If you love sriacha then you need to give this recipe a try. It’s espcially good with a fried egg and a little sriacha.
- This Tangy Coleslaw Recipe – Do you love horseradish? If so check out this recipe.
- Healthy Shredded Cabbage Salad – There is no guilt eating this chopped cabbage salad! It’s low carb and low calore.
- Green Salad with Big Mac Salad Dressing
What’s the Best Dry Rub for Wings?
McCormicks Montreal seasoning is one of the best dry rubs for chicken wings.
- McCormicks Montreal Seasoning is always ready to go, you do NOT need to add additional seasonings.
- Montreal Seasoning is gluten free, no MSG added, and has no artifical flavors
- This seasoning comes in large quantiies and is inexensive.
- Montreal Seasoning is versital. You can use the seasoning on longs of different meats. It tastes great on hamburger patties, pork chops, steaks, etc.
Equipment Need to Make These Dry Rub Wings
- Baking sheet with sides – I used a profession half sheet baking pan. If you don’t have one, get one, I use mine just about everyday!
- Parchment Paper – parchment paper is nonstick and helps the chicken cook evenly, helps regulate the temperature, and helps crispy the chicken wings skin.
- Foil– Optional but using foil makes clean up super easy. Layer the baking sheet with foil and then top with parchment paper.
Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make these dry rub wings.
- Fresh chicken wings
- McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning – Yes this recipe calls for the steak varriety! This is one of the best store bought chicken seasoning options for wings. The flavors really get into the meat.
- Baking Powder – this is optional but helps to make the wings crispy
How to Make Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
Prepare fresh wings. Open the chicken wings pack and take out the wings.
Break the wings up into drummette, flapper, and wingtip.
You will be using the drummettes and flappers for this recipe.
Prepare a baking sheet with sides. Cover it with foil and parchment paper.
If you have to choose between foil and parchment paper, go with the parchment paper!
Lay drummettes and flappers on the prepared baking sheet.
Get your baking powder and McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning ready.
Sprinkle a little baking powder on the chicken wings. Next, sprinkle a generous amount of Montreal seasoning.
Flip the wings and repeat sprinkling baking powder and seasoning on the other side.
Bake wings for 20-25 minutes.
Flip chicken wings over, repeat, and cook for another 20-25 minutes using tongs.
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on your chicken wings’ size.
This is what the chicken wings look like when they are done cooking.
My wings were large, and I ended up baking them for 50 minutes – 25 minutes per side.
I served these Dry Rub Oven Baked Chicken Wings with a green salad topped with Big Mac Salad Dressing.
My husband loves this salad dressing, it’s very similar to 1,000 Island Dressing, and it’s made from scratch!
- Fresh Chicken Wings - Separated into three parts
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 420.
- Cut chicken wings into three pieces, discard the tips or save for another recipe.
- Line baking sheet with foil and parchment paper (optional).
- Spread chicken wings in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with baking powder.
- Sprinkle generously with Montreal seasoning.
- Flip chicken wings over and repeat.
- Bake wings for 20-25 minutes.
- Flip and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Remove wings to a serving plate.
Baking time may vary according to wing size.
Common Chicken Wing Questions
What Temp is Chicken Wings Done?
Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches 165 degrees.
How Many Calories is in a Baked Chicken Wing?
A baked whole chicken wing, with skin and without breading, contains 110 calories. Keep in mind chicken wings come in different sizes. A larger baked whole chicken wing with skin contains 130 calories.
How Much Protein is in Chicken Wings?
|Whole Wing Size
|Large Chicken Wing
|Medium Chicken Wing
What are Wing Dings Chicken?
Wing Dings are frozen breaded chicken wings purchased by restaurants. The restaurant typically deep-fries wing Dings before serving. Wing Dings may be bought by the case or the pallet. You can find more information here.
How Long to Fry Chicken Wings?
Fry chicken wings on medium-high hot oil for 5-6 minutes per side. If your wings are extra-large, you may need additional cooking time. Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches 165 degrees at the thickest part or near the bone.
How Long to Bake Chicken Wings at 400?
Bake fresh chicken wings on a piece of parchment paper for 25 minutes per side. Flip wings after the first 25 minutes and continue cooking for a total of 50 minutes. If wings are extra-large, you may need additional cooking time.