My husband’s favorite BBQ joint serves tangy homemade coleslaw with a horseradish dressing. This BBQ place is almost three hours from our house so we don’t get there often. Many years ago he asked me to come up with a similar BBQ coleslaw recipe, and this is it. This coleslaw recipe is easy to make and takes about 15 minutes total. You can easily half the recipe if you don’t want to make a big batch of coleslaw. I recommend making this coleslaw the day before serving it so the flavors all have time to blend.
How to Make Tangy Homemade Coleslaw
Chop up a head of cabbage and place into a large mixing bowl. I also mince up half a small red onion and one small bunch of green onions. The color combo makes the coleslaw really pretty.
Now it’s time to make the coleslaw dressing recipe. Whisk together mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, salt, black pepper and a little milk. My husband likes a lot of prepared horseradish in his coleslaw, so I put four teaspoons in the dressing. Luckily, my kids also like their coleslaw extra tangy. Adjust the horseradish to your own liking. I recommend whisking up the coleslaw dressing and try a little with some cabbage until you get it just right for your tastes.
Pour the coleslaw dressing on the chopped vegetables.
At first, it may look like there isn’t enough dressing, but there is just keep stirring and combining the ingredients until all the cabbage is coated with the tangy coleslaw dressing.
BBQ Coleslaw Recipe | Tangy Homemade Coleslaw
- 1 large head of cabbage - shredded
- 1/2 small red onion - minced
- 1 small bunch green onions - minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- Core and shred one large cabbage and place in a big mixing bowl. Add in minced red onion and green onion.
- Prepare coleslaw dressing recipe, in a separate bowl whisk together until smooth: mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, salt, black pepper, and milk.
- Pour coleslaw dressing over the shredded cabbage mixture.
- Stir so the dressing and the cabbage are thoroughly mixed.
If you like cabbage you may also want to try making your own naturally fermented sauerkraut, it’s easy and tastes so much better than commerically prepared sauerkraut. It’s full of probiotics too and will last months in your refrigerator!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Wednesday 17th of May 2023
Não acho que o título do seu artigo corresponda ao conteúdo lol. Brincadeira, principalmente porque fiquei com algumas dúvidas depois de ler o artigo.
gate.io withdrawal fee
Monday 27th of February 2023
I know this web site offers quality based articles and extra information, is there anyother web site which offers such information in quality?
Saturday 20th of February 2016
I bet this has a bit of a kick to it! Love it, great recipe :D
Saturday 20th of February 2016