Table of Contents
Delicious Patty Pan Squash Brownies Recipe with Frosting
This is one of my favorite brownie recipes. My kids love these brownies, I don’t think they even know there is pattypan squash in the brownies, or maybe they just don’t care because the brownies are that good!
The recipe uses two cups of shredded pattypan squash and is a great way to use up some of that summer bounty.
If you aren’t familiar with pattypan squash it looks like a flying saucer. If you are using a different variety of squash or zucchini, you should squeeze out the excess moisture.
I used a Kitchen Aid shredding attachment to shred the squash because I’m lazy like that. I cut the squash into four pieces (from the top) scooped out the seeds and then feed the squash into the kitchen aid shredding attachment skins and all.
The Best Pattypan Squash Brownies Recipe with Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded pattypan squash
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Container of your favorite frosting - I recommend Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the wet ingredients. Stir until well blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the batter into a 9 x 13” baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool on a rack, then frost. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
Here are some more great recipes:
- Amazing Chocolate Crazy Cake Recipe [No Egg No Milk]
- Easy Homemade No Bake Cheesecake
- Amazing Keto Mexican Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Incredible Keto Canned Chicken Pizza Crust
- Best Keto Corn Beef Hash Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.