This recipe isn’t your average chili cheese fries recipe. This recipe uses tater tots instead of french fries. In less than 30 minutes you’ll be snacking on some delicious chili cheese tater tots. This recipe is made in the oven and is easy enough for a beginner cook to make.
These chili cheese tater tots make a great appetizer, snack, or side dish.
If you love tater tots be sure to check out these other great tater tot recipes:
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole – this one is always a hit with my family
- Tater Tot Breakfast Bowl with Sausage Gravy – Yum!
What You’ll Need to Make This Chili Cheese Tater Tots Recipe
Here’s what you will need:
- One two-pound bag of frozen tater tots
- Two cans chili with or without beans
- Shredded cheese
- Baking sheet
- Foil (optional)
Bake the tater tots according to the directions on the bag. I cooked my tots at 425 degrees for 28 minutes. For easy cleanup, line your pan with some aluminum foil.
Gather up the tots on the pan. Put them in a big pile.
Top the tots with two cans of chili beans. I used one can of Hormel Chili NO Beans and one can of Hormel Chili With Beans. I know the tater tots don’t look too appetizing at this point, but trust me, these chili cheese tater tots are delicious!
Top the chili with cheese. I used a Mexican blend.
Pop the tots back in the hot oven for 7-10 minutes or until the chili is warmed up and the cheese is melted.
More Chili Cheese Tater Tot Options
- This recipe would taste fantastic with homemade chili.
- Serve with minced white onion
- Serve with tamed jalapeno nacho rings
- Serve with sour cream
- Top the chili cheese tater tots with minced green onions after pulling the pan from the oven. This would be really pretty.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out these other great easy to make recipes:
- Best Keto Corn Beef Hash Recipe
- Xtra Cheddar Goldfish Crackers Meatballs with Gravy
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe
- Easy Crustless Skillet Pizza Quiche
- Hot Turkey Sandwiches with Pesto and Mozzarella