This recipe isn’t your average chili cheese fries recipe. This recipe uses tater tots instead of french fries. In less than 30 minutes you’ll be snacking on a some delicious chili cheese tater tots. This recipe is made in the oven and is easy enough for a beginner cook to make.
These tater tots make a great appetizer, snack or side dish.
If you love tater tots be sure to check out these other great tater tot recipes:
- Easy Tater Tot Casserole – this one is always a hit with my family
- Tater Tot Breakfast Bowl with Sausage Gravy – Yum!
Not Your Average Chili Cheese Fries Recipe
Here’s what you will need:
- One two pound bag of frozen tater tots
- Two cans chili with or without beans
- Shredded cheese
- Baking sheet
- Foil (optional)
Bake the tater tots according to the directions on the bag. I cooked my tots at 425 degrees for 28 minutes. For easy cleanup, line your pan with some aluminum foil.
Gather up the tots on the pan. Put them in a big pile.
Top the tots with two cans of chili beans. I used one can of Hormel Chili NO Beans and one can Hormel Chili With Beans. I know the tater tots don’t look too appetizing at this point, but trust me, these tots are delicious!
Top the chili with cheese. I used a Mexican blend.
Pop the tots back in the hot oven for 7-10 minutes or until the chili is warmed up and the cheese is melted.
More Chili Cheese Tater Tot Options:
- This recipe would taste fantastic with homemade chili.
- Serve with minced white onion
- Serve with tamed jalapeno nacho rings
- Serve with sour cream
- Top the chili cheese tater tots with minced green onions after pulling the pan from the oven. This would be really pretty.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.