Here’s a great recipe for Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad. This salad is easy to make and absolutely delicious! It’s perfect picnic food. Garbanzo beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, black olives, and feta cheese in an easy-to-make homemade Greek-inspired dressing.
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad is Versatile
This recipe is very versatile. Here are some changes I’ve made in the past and the garbanzo bean salad always turns out great!
Swap the garbanzo beans for your favorite al dente salad pasta. I like to use Penne or Rotini.
Don’t like olives? Then leave them out, or replace them with salami cut into thin strips.
If you don’t care for red onion, you could replace it with green onions, or pepperoncini’s, or leave them out altogether.
If feta cheese isn’t your thing, replace the feta with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
The Greek dressing recipe for the salad is easy to make whip up. I combine all the dressing ingredients and in a wide mouth pint sized mason jar, give it a good stir with a fork and then pour over the Greek garbanzo bean salad.
The dressing recipe calls for both red vinegar and rice vinegar if you don’t have any rice vinegar then use all red vinegar or substitute apple cider vinegar for the rice vinegar.
I’ve served this garbanzo bean salad over chopped romaine as a side salad at dinner, and it was a bit hit.
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 2 cans garbanzo beans - drained
- 2 cucumbers - peeled and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- 1/2 red onion - minced
- 1 can black olives - drained and sliced
- 1 container feta cheese - 6 - 8 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Greek Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- In a large bowl combine drained garbanzo beans, bite sized cucumber pieces, cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, minced red onion, drained sliced black olives, feta cheese, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Next, prepare the Greek salad dressing by combining olive oil, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, black pepper, salt, onion powder, dried oregano, prepared mustard, red vinegar, and rice vinegar in pint sized mason jar or bowl. Stir the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the Greek garbanzo salad ingredients and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Thursday 9th of February 2023
I agree with your point of view, your article has given me a lot of help and benefited me a lot. Thanks. Hope you continue to write such excellent articles.