This 7 Layer Dip is a fan favorite! The recipe makes a lot of bean dip and it goes together quickly. Swerve with Corn tortilla chips and tamed Jalapeno nacho rings.
7 Layer Bean Dip – What are in the Layers?
- Layer 1 – Refried beans
- Layer 2 – Guacamole
- Layer 3 & 4 – Sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
- Layer 5 – Fresh chopped Roma tomatoes
- Layer 6 – Taco cheese
- Layer 7 – Minced green onions
To assemble you will need a large platter or serving dish. You’ll need something bigger than a large plate. I used something very similar to this.
Assembling 7 Layer Dip
- Spread beans on serving platter.
- Spread guacamole on top of beans. I used this premade store bought guacamole.
- In a bowl combing sour cream with about half a pack of taco seasoning. Spread this mix on top of the guacamole. The mix should look similar to this.
- Top sour cream/taco seasoning with chopped tomatoes. The will be “locked into’ the sour cream. At this point your dip should look something like below. Isn’t it pretty? I like to stagger the layers so they all show.
- Throw on a layer of taco cheese.
- Top with green onions.
- 1 - 31 ounce can refried beans (or two smaller cans)
- 1 - 12 ounce container fresh guacamole
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3-4 roma tomatoes - chopped
- 1-2 cups taco cheese or cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions - minced
- corn tortila chips
- tamed jalapeno nacho rings
- In a bowl combing sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- On a large platter, spread out refried beans.
- Spread guacamole on top of refried beans.
- Top guacamole with sour cream/taco seasoning mix.
- Add tomatoes.
- Top with cheese.
- Finally, add minced green onions.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips and tamed jalapeno nacho rings.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.