Refried Mexican Black Beans Recipe
Delicious refried Mexican black beans!
- 4 cans black beans - drained and rinsed
- 6-8 clove garlic - minced
- 1 large jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth I used two cups water and one heaping teaspoon chicken base
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a skillet with sides, saute minced garlic and jalapeno in vegetable oil for two minutes.
Add in four cans of drained and rinsed black beans, ground cumin, 2 cups chicken stock (or 2 cups water and chicken base)
Bring beans to a simmer.
Take a potato smasher and smash about half the beans.
Continue to simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring often. Beans will try and stick as they thicken up.
Add cheese and stir it in.