The other day I was trying to organize my sewing area and I found this cute little Friends Chicken Quilt. It’s a wall hanging I made about 15 years ago. I did all the quilting by hand.
I showed the little quilt to all three of my daughters (25, 20 & 18) separately and they all said the exact same thing, “Mom, you should give that to Bri.” Bri is one of my oldest’s daughter’s best friends. She was was so kind to open her home to my four kids, me, our dogs, and a bunny, when we ran for our lives from the 2015 Valley Fire. My husband was working out of state at the time.
This cute quilt has a new home with Bri! Bri is the proud owner of two hens so I agree with my girls, the Friends Chicken Quilt is perfect for Bri.
I’m participating in the 2016 A to Z Challenge. This Friends Chicken Quilt post is my post for “F”.
If you like this chicken quilt be sure to check out my other completed sewing projects!
- I Spy Denim Rag Quilt Tutorial
- Jack’s I Spy Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Denim Pot Holders With Finger Protectors Tutorial
- Square Denim Pot Holders Tutorial
- Reverse Applique Potholders Tutorial
This is an old picture of my daughter #3 with one of her hens. We lost all of our chickens in the Valley Fire. Years ago we used to let our chickens free range. As soon as we’d open their hen door in the morning to let them out, the whole flock would take off running for my front porch hoping we’d come outside and give them a snack. These little chicken friends really enjoyed pooping on my porch. 😮
I don’t remember if I had a pattern for this friends chicken quilt or not. If you found this post looking for a free chicken quilt pattern here are some that I’ve found online. All links open in new windows.
Free Chicken Quilt Pattern Links
- Chicken Quilt Block here
- Weathervane Chicken Quilt here
- One of my favorites – I crazy looking rooster wall hanging here
- This is a walking rooster quilt in .pdf form here
- These chickens are very whimsical and the pattern is great if you are wanting to use fancy sewing machine stitches.
- Here’s a rooster applique block pattern
- This is a cute hen and flowers wall hanging here
- This is a cute chicken quilt with lots of different chicken blocks. This pattern is from Fons & Porter, to get access to the quilt you have to make an account with the site and log in.
- Here’s a paper pieced chicken block